I was invited by my former college professor (sir Rico Teodoro) to be a guest speaker to an Android Technology seminar for a small group of students at Adamson University (Metro Manila, Philippines). It was held this afternoon.
One of the fun parts was when I switched to this slide :)
Yup, I put my design there so everyone (in the seminar) can see its full "projected" glory. I know, I know it was a shameless plug. hehe
These are just some of the things that I discussed during the seminar:
- General information about Android (History, Features, Security,Design)
- Setting the general environment configuration for Android development (System Requirements, Android SDK, Android Virtual Device, Eclipse, ADT)
- Discussing HelloWorld app, installing and testing in an AVD or emulator
- Exporting an Android project
- Creating a keystore
- Creating the HelloWorld.apk file
- Using adb to see the devices
- Installing the HelloWorld.apk file to the emulator and Samsung Galaxy Tab.
We ran out of time to discuss other Android projects, and I ended the seminar with a statement made by Richard Stallman about supporting Android to protect our privacy.
I hope I was able to deliver what they needed to start coding.
Thanks to sir Rico for giving me the chance to share what I know. God Bless.